[Some links provided are affiliate links which earn me a very small commission.]
How To: Blow Dry Hair Like A Pro
Hello beauties! I get asked often “how do you get your hair that straight?” or told “I wish I knew how to blow dry hair.” Well, here’s your chance to learn how to blow dry hair like a pro! Or as I like to call it, get a fierce blowetazo. I have pretty thick, curly hair & have become a pro at getting this baby super straight, to the point where people forget my real hair texture. Keep reading for some tips & tricks, below you will also find a tutorial I uploaded to my Youtube channel!
Few tips before I link the tutorial:
- Air dry your hair for a bit, damp hair is best. Hair that is soaking wet will just take you longer to do.
- USE HEAT PROTECTANT:
- Invest in a good blow dryer. Lightweight & powerful is what you are looking for! Here’s the one I use in the tutorial:
Below are other great affordable ones.
- Invest in good ceramic, round brushes. They heat up quickly, & are amazing at smoothing out the hair. Here are the ones I used in the tutorial:
- Always point the blow dryer down so it keeps the cuticle down; otherwise, it creates more frizz.
- Start at the nape of your head & work your way up. Use the size of your brush barrel as reference for how big of pieces to dry at a time.
- For curled ends, flick/wrap the hair off. For super straight hair, dry straight down going in towards your face.
- For v-v-v-olume, place brush under hair & dry hair upwards.
- Finish off & eliminate frizz with a bit of oil. If your hair tends to get oilier quicker, avoid your scalp & work mid-ends. Here’s the one I used in the tutorial:
Finally, here’s the tutorial:
Remember, practice makes perfect. If you don’t get it on the first try, try again. If you’re still not getting it after 5-6 times, book an appointment with me & I can hook you up! Hehe! Any questions? Ask away below! Know of any other great hair products, please share below!