Wedding season is upon us! Yayyy! Don’t you just love love? By now you will have RSVP’d to a few weddings this year. Do you know what you’ll be wearing yet? Personally, I always love to be fashionable! But, there are still some rules I follow when it comes to picking the perfect outfit to be a guest in someones wedding! Conveniently, this past weekend I got to celebrate the union of an amazing couple, as I was getting ready & picking out my own outfit, I thought “this would be the perfect blog topic for this week!”
Here I the rules that I follow:
- Invitation said “formal,” so I followed that rule! Most times the bride & groom will have specifics on what they want their guests to wear, making the guests lives that much easier. No jeans! Let’s keep the event a classy one.
- No white! I already made a beautiful bride, it’s someone else’s turn to slay the day in her perfect white gown!
- Usually the invite, their website, or even the shower will give an idea of what colors will be worn by the bridesmaids, choosing something to coordinate that is cute idea. However, looking like a bridesmaid gives off the impression you secretly wanted to be one! LOL!
- It’s a WEDDING, not a night out at the club! Keep your hemlines, your boobs, & anything else that can turn out to be inappropriate, APPROPRIATE! You should have already used that sexy, skimpy dress for the bachelorette, anyway.
- Shoes: If you can’t walk in them, don’t wear them! If you won’t be able to wear them all night, don’t wear them! Unless you bring something to change into, don’t ever take off your shoes!
- Usually, they say no red’s or even black, but that’s just too much to ask for! LOL! As long as you’re not upstaging the bride (or attempting to), those colors should be fine. Plus, I personally feel black is such a classy color. (Must be the hairstylist in me!)
Thankfully, a few weeks ago I had purchased this dress I totally didn’t need…The girls at Akira love to add things to your dressing room, so I had to try it on, & it was like god shined his light on me! Haha! The dress was totally made for me, so I had to get it! Thanks, Cory!
Heres my final look:
Today, only, Akira has 20% off dresses with code “Dress20!” Lucky, I had to pay full price! Wah!
Shoes: My sisters closet. LOL! I took them from her a few years ago. They’re Qupid brand.
Be on the lookout for more fashion advice, I absolutely lo-lo-lo-lo-loved writing this blog post! There’s definitely more to come!
Yours Truly- Yaniris